Tuesday, January 03, 2006

2006

2006 is going to be a monster year for me and my career. 2005 was an ideal "first" year as a professional poker player. I took my fair share of lumps while learning the ropes, while still managing to graduate college and build my bankroll to the point where I can make large "investments" on the tournament circuit.

In 2006 I expect to break through to the elite ranks of the top tournament professionals. Over a year ago I made a bet with some friends that I would finish 2006 in the top 20 of the Cardplayer of the Year rankings. I intend to win the bet.

Here is a rough schedule of where I will be playing the first half of the year, provided my bankroll continues to grow:

Mid-late January
Jack Binion WSOP Circuit - Tunica, MS
Gold Strike World Poker Open WPT - Tunica, MS

Jan 29 - Feb 1
Borgata Winter Poker Open WPT - Atlantic City, NJ

~Feb 7 - Feb 21
LA Poker Classic WPT - Commerce, CA

Feb 24 - March 3
Bay 101 Shooting Star WPT - San Jose, CA

March 3 - March 8
WSOP Circuit Harrah's Rincon - near San Diego, CA

March 9 - March 30
World Poker Challenge WPT - Reno, NV

April 6 - April 9
"Oklahoma Johnny" Hale Open - Tulsa, OK

Early - Mid April
WSOP Circuit Caesar's - Las Vegas, NV

Early - Late April
Five Star World Poker Classic WPT - Las Vegas, NV

Mid June
WSOP Circuit Lake Tahoe - Lake Tahoe, NV

June 26 - August 10
37th Annual World Series of Poker - Las Vegas, NV

* * *
It won't be easy to play all these events. I will only to be able to do so if I make a big score or two, or I consistently crush the online cash games. I will be returning to the online realm very soon, perhaps even later today. I have a simple plan before I leave for Tunica - make $20,000. I feel this is the minimum amount I will need in order to feel comfortable playing three different 10k events later in the month.
I feel very fresh and eager to play after my absence the last two and a half weeks. I feel ready to make a huge push and put in a lot of hours in front of the computer. What I really want, though, is to get down to Tunica and start racking up Player of the Year points.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bag said...

I'll enlighten you - you are not a master of 2006. You're not even a master of planning out events in 2006.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home