Monday, September 24, 2007

Austrian Lemonade

I am safe, sound, healthy, wealthy, and happy in the village of Patsch above Innsbruck. Stefan and I blitzkrieged through Switzerland and Germany, including a token appearance at Oktoberfest. Now I am alone in the Alps, here until October 2nd.

The scenery is spectacular, the weather is nice, the air is fresh, my room is great, and most importantly, the internet is flawless. Today I was eating lunch and asked for a lemonade. The waitress told me they did not have lemonade, but had Fanta, Sprite, or "Austrian Lemonade" which naturally I ordered. I have no idea what was in it but it led to a relaxing afternoon. The next week I will do little but relax, take some walks, blog, watch some Lost, hopefully play a few hands of online poker, and maybe drink some more Austrian Lemonade.

2 Comments:

Blogger Spencetron said...

This is fantastic news. On Saturday night I was at a merry little event in Tucson called beerfest. Dass ist nicht Oktoberfest, but I did think about you guys imbibing similar yeasty beverages half a world away and it made me smile.

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom -

I remeber traveling in the wintertime in Austria and it was cold but very clean. Sounds like all is going well. Your Aunt Julie and I are off for 10 days in the northeast US. Uncle Jim

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home