Wednesday, April 08, 2009

The Boneyard


Fourteen months ago I won a race with ace-king against pocket tens to win my first tournament. Since then ace-king aka "Anna Kournikova" (looks good but never wins) aka "The Boneyard" has cost me hundreds of thousands of dollars in equity in poker tournaments. So many tournaments have ended at the hands of the ace-king, both with it and against it. I can't seem to beat it and I can't seem to win with it. I play a hundred small pots in a row and then lose a huge one with the AK.

I have been playing a lot more poker tournaments lately and have found my comfort zone. I have tweaked a few things slightly and am repeatedly building stacks without a lot of risk. I think I am cresting the hill and should be running downhill soon. But I need some help from that damn AK.

6 Comments:

Blogger GnightMoon said...

Felt like a jackass when I remembered early in the day I beat AKo with AKo to double up.

3:18 AM  
Blogger PunkyPickett said...

When I first opened your blog the subject line didn't come up and I thought this was going to be a post about how you are like Anna Kournikova. I'm so very grateful that this did not turn out to be true.

12:21 PM  
Blogger GnightMoon said...

First I was Nalbandian...then Tsonga...briefly Roddick...then a wannabe Nadal...hopefully not Kournikova...I'll settle for Ferrer at this point.

1:08 PM  
Blogger TheGraveWolf said...

So many better pics of Anna.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Bag said...

I would prefer this particular AK off-suit...

2:33 PM  
Blogger 81Trucolors said...

"I would prefer this particular AK off-suit..."

Winner!

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home