Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Stockpiling Food Vouchers

So far I have played three tournaments at the WSOP - $1k NLHE, $1500 PLO, and $1500 NLHE. I have not made a dinner break yet. The $1k was fairly dull. I misplayed at least one hand, briefly got a stack going, lost some money with top pair in the big blind against limped aces, and lost a race.

I love playing PLO tournaments. A day I play tournament PLO for six hours and bust out is not a bad day. PLO is interesting because at the start of the tournament, there are always huge fish who have no idea how to play. I usually build a stack in PLO tournaments without too much risk, mostly taking advantage of players who overplay their hands and others who are too obviously tight. Later on though, there are players who are obviously much better than me at PLO. There are situations I come across in PLO tournaments that I have never encountered before, and I don't know what to do. So I wonder what my EV really is in a tournament like the WSOP $1500 PLO, and whether I could actually win the tournament.

I was eliminated before the first break in today's $1500 event, first losing a large pot with J9 against KT on a KQ4KT board, then playing pocket kings sneakily enough to get in for 32 BBs preflop against QJs which hit a flush.

I am in good spirits and will likely remain so for the foreseeable future. I am enjoying my time here, be it playing poker, seeing old friends, or hanging out at the house. Busting out of poker tournaments is not particularly disappointing right now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep the positive attitude. Looking forward to more of your tweets.

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

someone's been tweeting on your twitter

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home