Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Eve of the Main Event

My head is spinning. This is the third time out of the last five I have gone into the main event thinking about everything except how to play no limit hold em hands. I am very excited to play poker tomorrow but I am more excited about life. I am in a very strange place mentally and emotionally. I have no idea if I am better off now than I was a month ago. I have no idea if I am getting smarter or falling into old traps. There is a voice telling me to be cautious but there is a louder one telling me to do crazy things. I have been losing money but improving everything else. I am so daft. I am so wise. I have been focusing on staying grounded. But I am a dreamer. I want to live in the clouds. Food tastes better than it has in a long time. Music sounds better than it has in a long time. I breathe deeper than I can ever remember. The air tastes sensational. I have nine different plans for the months following the WSOP; all are wildly appealing but none make any sense. I wish I could live till I was 300 years old. I never want to sleep. My heart is beating like a rabbit's. I am incredibly vulnerable. I wear impenetrable armor. I feel like I am waking up from a nightmare. I feel like I am drifting off into a wonderful dream.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bored in St. George said...

That's livin baby. Now ship some monies!! On another note you should hang out with the gambler more and try to rub off some of that mojo on him.

8:55 AM  
Blogger 81Trucolors said...

Hopefully one of those nine plans involves climbing capita,l longs little bear, ice, or all of the above. See you soon and GL GL.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Spencetron said...

GL Man. I'll be pulling for you (and the louder voice tellin you to do crazy things).

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Smartmomma said...

I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home