Wednesday, September 01, 2010

The Fantasy Team


I am in a keeper league: before each season, you sign one player to a 3-year contract and two others to 2-year contracts. Coming into this year's draft, I had Aaron Rodgers signed thru 2011 along with Michael Turner and Larry Fitzgerald for the upcoming season. In the offseason, my league's rules were changed so that no one can re-sign a keeper they already have on the roster coming into 2010. In the 2011 draft, players lose picks corresponding to the round in which they drafted their keepers. While you can sign your top picks to contracts, that means you will be missing out on top picks in next season's draft. So there were two critical factors on my mind entering the draft:
  1. I would need to sign someone in this draft thru 2012 and someone else thru 2011
  2. A ton of awesome players including Chris Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Steven Jackson, Reggie Wayne, Larry Fitzgerald, Randy Moss, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Drew Brees will be available in next year's draft
Here is how my team shook out:

1. QB Aaron Rodgers (signed thru 2011)
2. WR Larry Fitzgerald (unavailable to sign)
3. RB Michael Turner (unavailable to sign)
4. RB Ryan Mathews
5. WR Dwayne Bowe
6. RB Ahmad Bradshaw
7. WR Mike Wallace
8. RB Justin Forsett
9. RB Michael Bush
10. RB Darren McFadden
11. WR Eddie Royal
12. WR Mohamed Massaquoi
13. RB Correll Buckhalter
14. TE Kellen Winslow
14. D Miami Dolphins
15. K Sebastian Janikowski

Now I have to decide who to keep. Mathews and Bowe (despite having the best overall keeper potential) have to be ruled out because I need those top two picks next season to build the dynasty. I'm leaning towards Bradshaw and Wallace though McFadden and Massaquoi are slightly tempting.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hate your draft, you will be lucky to win 5 games.

12:20 AM  
Blogger Schaubs said...

I disagree. o/u is 7.

Looks decent. I have no idea why you would consider McFadden or Massawhatever.

Sounds like a pretty cool keeper league though.

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am with the first commenter. I don't want a single player on your team other than the top 3. I say 4 wins.

11:43 AM  
Anonymous dave said...

I think your receivers could let you down this year.....

1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home