Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Event #12 $1500 Triple Chance NLHE

I know there are a lot of people out there reading this blog who will hate me for saying this, but I was kind of bored playing at the WSOP today. You kind of have to win some big pots early or you're stuck in grind mode until you do or you bust. I lost the big pot with KJ against KK on a QTx board and then was just passing the time waiting for a spot to stick it in, and lost when I finally did.

There's a lot of down time playing these donkaments at the WSOP. I pay attention to the hands while they're going on but it's not enough. I check twitter, play games and stuff on the iPhone, and look around at the sea of faces in the sprawling poker rooms. 90% of the players you see in these things aren't aesthetically pleasing. So when you catch sight of someone attractive, it's startling. About a year ago some friends and I started kicking around the idea of a "Poker Hottie of the Day" post on this blog, just joking really, but the idea and the boredom have festered to the point where I'm going to actually start posting them until people get too creeped out by it or the WSOP comes to a close.

The first Poker Hottie of the Day is Maria Ho, who spent the first couple hours of the day in my direct sightline before busting the tournament and exiting the Pavilion. She might have caught me staring once or twice but it was easy to pass off since I would normally be looking in that direction anyways. Maria has been a celebrity in the poker world since she was the last woman standing at the 2007 Main Event, and a celebrity in the real world since appearing on The Amazing Race in 2009. Her carefully constructed look is one part glamour, one part elegance, and one part matron. It's very well executed.


She also just made a monstrous $540k score in the $5k NL so congrats to Maria on a sick pile of cash as well as being the first Poker Hottie of the Day!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I beg to differ. You should see her without makeup. It's startling.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Spencetron said...

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2011/06/settlers-of-catan-how-a-german-board-game-went-mainstream/239919/

This should be the hottie of the decade.

4:51 PM  
Blogger TheGraveWolf said...

Boo for not starting this on Monday.

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home