Friday, July 15, 2011

Main Event Day Three

The tension continues to mount down at the Rio, with the remaining ~900 players now combined together into the Amazon Room. For the first time, ESPN is broadcasting coverage of the event live, with Kara Scott conducting interviews.


This is developing into one of the strangest and most dramatic tournaments I have ever played. I have been extremely card-dead pre and postflop for twenty eight hours of play but have played rather well and hit three crucial turn cards to stay in the hunt. The emotional attachment is growing. When I fight hard to keep my head above water it means more to me - there is a sense of entitlement, and I am starting to feel like I "deserve" to go deep here, as silly as I know that sounds.

2 Comments:

Blogger ben said...

go tom go - i think it is just my jet lag (and twitter noob-ishness) talking but i was seriously confused by your @ reply to spencer re: cheris andrews - i spent a full 10 minutes trying to figure out how specetron had made it to day 3 of the main event before i figured out you were answering his question about her not commenting about him.

also, her name is straight out of a bond book/movie.

3:06 AM  
Blogger Spencetron said...

First off Tom, you do deserve it. Hopefully you get some great cards today and can make a run into the money. Second of all, it looks like Cherish Andrews is still doing okay and will be a few tables from you. No I'm not obsessed.

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home