Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Seven Days of Goodness

Zack & I had grand plans to do some good for the world Saturday night, but were so inept that our best intentions turned into Old Speckled Hens and Boddingtons at The Hungry Toad within forty five minutes. There, we discussed our fail and made an agreement to atone for it by performing a good deed every day this week - "good deed" defined as something we wouldn't carry out in normal everyday life. Zack also had the bright idea I could blog the event, to breathe some life into its moribund, pigskin-encrusted annals and make us look like gracious, non-degenerate members of society.

For the first day, I donated a few items to the Boulder Humane Society from their wishlist on Amazon. I went to the Humane Society seven times (and scanned their website every day for six weeks) before emerging with Bailey, so I've always felt indebted. That's not to mention how that seventh trip forever changed my life for the better.


Here's to the Humane Society and all the wonderful people who work and volunteer there.

4 Comments:

Blogger . said...

Impressive vocab word, moribund.

9:23 AM  
Blogger 81Trucolors said...

Good work. What did Zack do? Are their penalties if you two don't follow through?

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, someone will need to shave their head!!

8:21 PM  
Blogger Bag said...

^ Haha! The penalty is a $100 donation to charity for each day missed. I suppose I should post what I do in the comments, so here goes.

For day 1, I created a Bum Care Package filled with soda, chips, protein bars, chocolate, fruit leathers, and some other stuff and brought it to a bum I found outside the grocery store.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home