Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Differences Between 29-Year-Olds and 19-Year-Olds


I hang out with a lot of 18 and 19-year-old kids out here on their gap year between high school and college. Most of these kids are surprisingly mature, way ahead of where I was ten years ago. I always have to pause and remind myself how much younger they are, how much younger they are than my little sister. Really most of them are pretty similar to people my age, but they all seem to exhibit three key differences:
  1. They have little experience in relationships and therefore have erroneous expectations for their future boyfriends and girlfriends
  2. Alcohol is a wildly powerful and mystical substance for them
  3. They've all read Lord of the Rings, Narnia, and Harry Potter, but none of them have ever heard of Game of Thrones

2 Comments:

Blogger TheGraveWolf said...

Read LotR or watched the movies?

11:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

None of them understand the universality and inevitability of online dating if they are still single at age 28.

L

2:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home