Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Five Diamond Day One

The table looked like this:

1 Unknown Asian kid who almost never raised but limped and called raises a decent amount
2 Young guy I recognize but don't know, played pretty standard seemed to have some talent
3 Black guy who played well
4 Shannon Shorr
5 Very loose-aggressive young European kid
6 John Kranyak, very loose kid
7 Beth Shak
8 Old guy I recognize but don't know, pretty weak
9 Me
10 John Myung who played fantastic

30k chips to start
50-100
This was unbelievable, I did not play a single hand the first 45 minutes! I once folded A8s UTG, and folded 76o in the cutoff after a guy limped - other than these I never even had anything I considered! It was really amazing and a sign of things to come.
When I finally do play a hand of course it's pocket kings in early position. I raise to 300, the black guy calls, and Shak calls from the BB. Flop Q84 with a flush draw Shak checks I bet and they both fold.
Old guy raises EP I have AJo this is the wrong spot and wrong table for AJo I don't think anyone else at the table folds here but I do.
UTG limps 2nd pos raises to 475 Shak calls I fold A9s on button.
Euro LAG raises I fold QJo on button.
29,900

100-200
UTG limps I limp QJo flop Th4h2d blinds check UTG bets I fold.
Kranyak raises UTG I call with TT black guy calls. Flop comes Jc7c3 Kranyak checks I bet 1k both call. Turn Jh I sorta thought I was good here and knew they wouldn't raise me without a boat so I bet 2k after Kranyak checked and the black guy quickly called again. Kranyak folded. River Kc check-check and he won with QJ.
Black guy raises UTG Kranyak calls felt it was a good spot for a move with my image but I fold J6s.
Two LAGs limp UTG I limp KQo board comes 765 I have no interest.
Raise KQs MP win blinds.
Fold Q8s EP.
Everyone and their mom limps I check Q6 on in BB flop comes QT5 checked to UTG he bets I don't even think about continuing.
Fold 86s UTG waiting for antes.
2nd pos limps 3rd pos makes it 700 two players call I call in BB with TT UTG calls. Flop comes 963 rainbow checked to preflop raiser he bets it. It gets back to me I think about turning this into a bluff - I'm thinking I can get him to fold an overpair here with my image if I fire a couple big barrels at it but I fold.
Kranyak raises LP I call with A6s in SB flop T54 I check-fold to a large bet.
Kranyak raises I call with Tc9c button calls BB calls flop 7s5d3s checked around turn Kd BB checks Kranyak bets I fold.
Fold T9o MP.
Fold A8o EP.
Fold Q8s UTG.
23,425

100-200-25
Fold A8o UTG.
EuroLag raises MP I reraise without looking he folds.
Raise next hand KQs cutoff and win.
First three players limp I limp 86s 8 people see the flop which is Th6h2d I fold to UTG's bet.
Fold A8o UTG.
Fold 96s button to a big raise and a call.
Kranyak raises EP to 75o Shak calls I call with 44 Myung calls black guy calls Shannon calls in BB. Flop KQ7 checked around turn Q checked around river 7 black guy bets 3k all fold.
EuroLag raises Kranyak calls I call in BB with 97o and check-fold on KQ8.
EuroLag raises Shak calls old dude calls I look at 64o and think about squeezing but fold. Then Myung squeezes it because he is a player and I am a nitty wuss.
EP raises Kranyak calls old gut calls I fold 63o in BB.
21,650.

200-400-50
Black guy (I'm gonna start calling him "3" now) raises EP first hand was gonna reraise almost anything but folded 93o instead.
Shannon raises EP old guy calls I just can't summon the courage to do it with my shit hand and I fold.
Raise 88 hijack they fold.
Shannon raises to 1200 I repop to 3800 in SB with AKs he folds.
Raise 75s EP Shannon calls on button flop TT2 I think a long time and check he bets 1900 I think a while and fold. This one felt really weak with my image but maybe it was optimal? I dunno this was probably too weak. I probably needed to step up to the plate and do something like check-call and bet the river after the inevitable check-check on the turn. Easier said than done I guess.
Raise AdTd UTG old guy calls in BB flop Qc74c he checks I bet 2k he folds.
3 raises EP to 1200 folds to me I look at the As and make it 3700 Myung folds "a big hand" 3 quickly and quietly calls I have A4o. Flop Q83 he checks I bet 5600 he instafolds and makes it clear he had jacks. Two hands later raise JTo cutoff SB calls flop 765 check-check turn 2 he fires I instafold.
Kranyak raises cutoff old guy calls in SB I have A7o in BB which is way ahead of Kranyak's range but I fold.
Shannon busts the EuroLag and he's replaced by who I think was Zach Hyman who won the Wynn Championship event that Toph got 3rd in which I railed quite a bit...More on this later.
3 raises new guy calls I fold A5s in SB.
Raise A2o cutoff they fold.
Kranyak raises EP I look at an ace and reraise 3x all fold immediately. Tuned out to be A2o.
29,175

300-600-75
Raise KQo UTG to 1700 and the new guy calls. Flop 533 rainbow I bet 3000 and he makes it 7500. Here I go really deep into the tank thinking about a bunch of things. I started the hand with 29k so I had room to make another raise here without committing. The obvious hand he is representing here is some sort of middle pair "finding out where he's at." But I was thinking if this was indeed Hyman he was a skillful and tricky player and wouldn't make a transparent play like that, so if it was actually him then he was more likely to be trapping with a big pair or have 55. I can honestly say if I knew it was not Hyman I would have reraised to 15k but since I thought it might be him I folded.
Kranyak raises cutoff I call in BB with A7o board of T8333 is checked all the way and I chop with his A9.
Raise KJ in 2nd pos to 1600 and 3 calls. Flop Tc9s3c I check he bets 1500 into 4800 I call. Turn 9 I check he bets just 1500 again I call. River A I bet 4300 he calls with T8 and wins. This one left me sick to my stomach because I was planning on making this exact bet if I hit a king, queen, or jack, and I would have played a big ace the same too.
Very next hand I raise KJo UTG, Kranyak calls, and the old guy calls in the BB. Flop Kd63 rainbow BB checks I bet 3000 and Kranyak calls. BB folds. Turn Qd I check which maybe was a mistake and he checks. River A I think quite a bit and then check. I am so ready to call when he bets 7-8k or whatever but then he only bets 4000. I felt so sick here, I was so ready to snap-call but then he bets 4k into 11k and it totally changed my read. I put myself into these spots all the time and always have to make the read based on player and bet size rather than the way the hand went. I mean there are so few hands that he can have that beat me here, it should have been an automatic call and it was in my mind until he made that small bet. He hadn't been bluffing much posftlop all day long, that was the thing also. He was horsing around a ton but almost never bluffing rivers. I had 10k left. I tanked it forever and eventually got clocked and finally folded.
UTG limps I limp SB with 87o Myung checks BB. Flop 864 I check Myung bets 1200 UTG folds I raise half my stack Myung folds.
Fold 33 EP with 12k.
Raise 99 UTG to 1600 Myung reraises to 5600 I fold he shows me AA.
Fold QJs to a raise now on a 9k stack.
Raise KQs hijack button and BB (3) call without looking at my stack. Flop KQ4 checked around. Turn Ad 3 bets out 2k I shove for 7500 they both fold immediately.

15,600 to end day one.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great write up as always mate. Best of luck on Day two!

1:06 AM  
Blogger . said...

i think (3) is more racist than black guy

2:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is black guy racist? u retarded idiot

8:36 AM  
Blogger . said...

hey now, was just joking

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish one of these days instead of seeing the angle you'll just use it. Please!

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great site , pls visit me: קידום אתרים

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home