Monday, March 10, 2008

Championship Week


This is my second favorite week of the sports calendar (next week being my favorite). Thursday through Sunday the next three weeks there will be wall-to-wall college basketball and I will be lucky to get off the couch for more than an hour or two a day.

I'm hoping to miss a couple days of the action in favor of intense late-game tournament poker. The Bay101 Shooting Star WPT main event started today. I play day 1b tomorrow along with some friends. I haven't been quite as excited about this one as I usually get before a 10k event. Still there is plenty of motivation:
  • I haven't cashed on the WPT since 2005
  • I probably won't play another 10k event until July at the WSOP
  • As usual, this is probably my best chance ever at a huge score
It's a 10k event. I don't think I will ever get over the excitement of plunking down ten grand to play in a poker tournament. If I ever do, it will be time to do something else.

2 Comments:

Blogger Spencetron said...

I think Sweet 16 week is better than championship week, but maybe I'm just biased because Arizona is on the bubble this year and the stupid Torreros beat Gonzaga. What in the hell was that all about?

7:44 PM  
Blogger Spencetron said...

Play like the UConn Women's basketball team in the tournament!

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home