Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Notes

1. I am going to Chicago Thursday to play the WSOP Circuit Hammond 5k event. I pessimistically bought a Saturday flight out although the tournament starts Friday and ends Sunday. I won't have much down time in Chi-Town though I have several friends there and adore the place. This will likely be my only poker tournament of the Fall. There's a good chance the next one will be the PCA in Bahamas in January.

2. Softball season is over. Sigh.

3. You may have noticed the 777 banner to the left. I have received overtures from advertisers for awhile now but never felt the money was worth defiling the blog. I finally decided putting up the ad and giving the money to charity was the most utilitarian option.

4. You may have also noticed how terrible I am at picking NFL games, even though I "work" harder at this than any "job" I've ever had. Battle plan: relax, step back, calm down, have fun, go Broncos.

5. I have a puppy. This is worthy of its own post, coming soon.

6. This one goes quite a ways back...I really enjoy auctions. Going to an auction is a guaranteed good time even if you don't wind up with anything.

7. Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Greenberg on a flawless, joyous wedding. This one is worthy of its own post too. You've changed my life. You are my inspiration.

8. I've been watching Friday Night Lights first season - and loving it.

9. My Survivor fantasy team is Monica, Mick, and Laura.

10. I bought a yellow shirt the other day.

8 Comments:

Blogger I Wear Flops said...

Mustard, Bananna, or Taxi Cab?

WTF - you're just gonna leave out the most important details like that?


Chill a bit on the picks.. unfortunately, you're not one of the .0062% of the population that can make money on football picks. Oh well.. I realized this about myself after way too many awful seasons, now I just do $10 bets on 4-5 games a week with a buddy and we pay out at the end of the season. Keeps me in some action, without the stress. Every now and then I deposit $50-$100 online somewhere and run a few parlays, sometimes I get lucky and make a withdraw that I spend on weed or something (Yay! "Free" weed!), but most of the time I don't. So what.

7:47 AM  
Blogger TheGraveWolf said...

11. And he wore the yellow shirt, too.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Chris Viox said...

Saved the best/amazing news til last. Yellow! What next, a pink polka dot shirt?

9:12 AM  
Blogger . said...

6. Even that auction we went to in New Albany?

12:11 PM  
Blogger PunkyPickett said...

Wow, I think all of these deserve their own posts! Or you could just randomly merge them all into one. For example: You marry your new puppy wearing a yellow shirt, then on your honeymoon go to the PCA in the Bahamas - a trip you won at an auction. All winnings from this tourney will be donated to the Prairie Dog Coalition, except for the roll you lost betting on the Ravens.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Bag said...

Yellow is the new blue.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Pics of you in the yellow shirt with your new puppy please!

5:01 AM  
Blogger David Hoedeman said...

You just now started Friday Night Lights!?

WTF.

Figured you woulda been on that shit awhile ago. We should talk shop sometime.

Though beware. Writer strike jacked up the 2nd season and the 3rd season is a lower-budget understated affair but pretty decent.

First season, though, that's the money season.

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home