Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Big Week of Gambling

My poker game is very strong right now as the FTOPS rolls into week two. There are two events I am really looking forward to, the Bankroll Breaker Wednesday night and the $2500 two-day tournament on Saturday. The 'Breaker has been the most losing online tournament I have played while the two-day has been my most profitable.

Several recent events have gotten me fired up to play:
  1. I went to Indiana and played mistake-free poker. There have been very few tournaments I walked away from 100% satisfied with every decision I made, and this was one. I thought I might be rusty but instead came out hungry, focused, and passionate.
  2. The WSOP final table. As I write this two players are still playing for the title. Guys made mistakes. It happens every year - I see major mistakes that I would never make and know I play better than most of the players at the final table.
  3. I followed the latter stages of the Foxwoods WPT. Again, mistakes. I am really thinking about getting back out there and playing a healthier diet of big buy-in tournaments. I know I have a large edge in most of them. Congrats to Matt Stout on making the final table up there.
  4. TheGraveWolf has been playing excellent tournament poker. His excitement for tournament poker has been inspiring.
  5. I final-tabled the FTOPS Shootout last week which gave some credence to all this.
On the NFL front, Sunday will probably be our biggest betting day of the year and will likely include the first Moon "Lock" of the season.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can we get a hint on this "lock" you guys are looking at?

8:00 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

Lock of the Week is that Deangelo Hall will get burned for a 40+ yard score and/or roughed up by an old man

1:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am the guy that comes in an beef's with one your points every week. This week - spot on mate!!! Keep up the good work and good luck in FTOPS or WCOOP or whatever is coming up.

4:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home