Monday, January 25, 2010

Biloxi Day One

Today was pretty delightful. I had the best seat at the easiest $10k tournament table I have ever had. I cruised up to 90k without incident before finishing the day with a pedestrian 77k.

I was touched by this story of a player at my table, and spent a lot of time thinking about how fortunate I was today to play poker and watch some exciting football. From worldpokertour.com:

Six months ago, Connie Voss of Lufkin, Texas was diagnosed with terminal cancer and given four months to live. The math is not in her favor. The #1 item on Connie's "bucket list" was to play in a World Poker Tour event. So her friends banded together and raised enough money to pay her $10,000 buyin, and here she sits, taking her shot at a major poker tournament.

4 Comments:

Anonymous SamENole said...

Nice job, good luck tomorrow

4:26 AM  
Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Great job GNM, best of luck on Monday. Keep us non-twitterers updated here.

8:24 AM  
Blogger PunkyPickett said...

Did she make it through Day 1?

12:52 PM  
Blogger GnightMoon said...

She didn't make it, and the worst part of it was I took most of her chips.

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home