Friday, January 29, 2010

Borgata Heads Up

I won five consecutive matches in the Borgata 2k Heads Up event before losing a comically epic battle to Farzad Rouhani in the final round of the winner's bracket. It's not over though. I will play someone Friday night for the right to play Rouhani in the finals.


If I lose the first match tomorrow, I will be paid something like $18k. If I win the first match then lose to Rouhani, I will be paid something like $26k. If I win the first match then beat Rouhani twice, I will win the tournament and receive $49k.

I started at 11 on short rest after an online final table the night before and played till 5 AM (with lots of breaks). I will probably fall asleep for about twelve hours now so the $1625 NLHE tomorrow is likely out.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeremiah said...

It's a lot of fun sweating you via Twitter. Pretty excited for you. Good luck.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Ryan Wanger said...

Agree...the tweeting has been awesome. Today I'm going to have them sent straight to my phone. :-)

You sound so calm and collected. Keep it up!

8:31 AM  
Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

AWESOME job, GNM! Best of luck today! Keep us non-twitterers apprised.

9:34 AM  
Blogger 81Trucolors said...

Go moon!

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home