Friday, February 12, 2010

The Alive of Winter


Everything is going according to the plan. I have been working hard in every aspect of my life, and that labor is starting to pay off.

I was a slight winner in poker in January, which is notable because it was the first time I have ever finished in the black the first month of the year. It was encouraging to finish the month with a profit despite failing to cash in two $10ks, despite blowing another $10k in a satellite I should have won, despite crapping out late in several medium to large online tournaments.

In the past, I have had friends who I knew were going to break through on the tournament trail and hit it big. I was certain of this happening before it happened, and every time it did.

The last few weeks, I have developed this same belief about myself. My no limit game is razor sharp. It is not a matter of if; it is a matter of when and how much. It might not be this spring; it might not be this summer; but I know if I keep working as hard as I have been working the last month, it will all come in time.

I have so much going on in the next week it scares me. I have no idea where I will be, literally or mentally, in ten days. But I take comfort knowing I have so much to gain and so little to lose. One thing is for sure - it is better to have too much on your plate than not enough.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

6:52 AM  
Blogger PunkyPickett said...

Did you Rabbit Rabbit it at NYE? Do you credit the magic for your success in January?

10:03 AM  
Blogger Spencetron said...

Also, hope springs eternal. Pitchers and catchers report next week. If you are planning a sunshine trip through AZ, I'll be there Mid-march to catch some Reds games.

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home