Thursday, November 11, 2010

You're Getting Older...

I often do chores such as laundry, cooking, washing dishes, etc downstairs where the TV is. I like to put on a recorded TV program I can listen to while doing this stuff. In the past it was usually Jim Rome is Burning. A few months ago I switched it to news. I have been going with CBS Evening News With Katie Couric but feel like there might be a better option available. My aunt recommended PBS NewsHour with Jim Lehrer, which I'm sure is excellent, but is also a full hour long. It has to be a half hour for me. I also prefer more of a world view. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

5 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Dear Tom, get out of your house once in a while. - Amanda
p.s. Going to Paul's house doesn't count.

11:21 AM  
Blogger TheGraveWolf said...

I recommend not watching the news.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Bag said...

^ Like

3:11 PM  
Blogger Smuckers said...

NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams. He can tell me anything and I'll enjoy it.

9:09 PM  
Anonymous jefe said...

tom, the answer is really simple. put on NPR (90.1 plays the news all day). i enjoy listening to the news alot, have struggled finding something worthwhile in the past, but this is by far the best choice. they also include the bbc world news hour and u get a great perspective that isnt american...always good.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home