Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Two Weeks of Goodness: Day Fourteen

Santa was always extremely generous while my brother, sister and I were growing up. Year after year, he went all-out. I really never understood how lucky we were until I got a little older.

It's harder to get a ton of stuff for us now that we're adults. Santa now feels sheepish if he doesn't live up to the extravagant standards he set when we were kids. So he wound up giving each of us some cold, hard cash this Christmas, which I then donated to Nothing But Nets.

Four years ago I ran my first experiment in faux altruism and an anonymous commenter recommended I donate to Nothing But Nets. After that NBN became my favorite charity, in large part because they are often able to find donors who will match every contribution made. They currently have a matching donor through the end of the year, so now is a great time to make a donation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home