Monday, August 06, 2012

Echoes of Africa


The inevitable degeneracy affixed to the post-WSOP hangover has me longing to return to Africa. If it weren't for a very special 3 year-old named Bailey, I might already be there. I seem to annually devolve into an Oceanic-Six era Jack Shephard this time of year.



It boggles my mind how constricted and helpless I can feel at home. Africa sometimes feels like the only answer. When you feel like a tourist in the city you were born, maybe it's time to go.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ryan Wanger said...

Sadface

12:28 AM  
Anonymous Geoff said...

Don't worry buddy! We will be there to give you company soon. Can't wait to give you a bear hug!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It must be very hard for you to be home. I think if it were me, I’d go back to Africa. You can’t live your life for others. After all we only get one shot at life. Best of luck

5:03 AM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

echoes stirring us to deeper living are a good thing. greet them and give them time.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home