Thursday, January 12, 2006

Tax Season


This morning the Fish and I met with an accountant and began discussing the problems and details of paying our taxes this year. It is going to be a somewhat sticky process because
  • The GnightMoon account has been heavily used by both of us, and all of the winnings from it will likely be reported as mine.
  • There will be a lot of deductibles
  • I don't exactly keep great records

Thus the presence of the accountant, a nice guy who is really into poker. The bad news is I have to pay a ton of money to the government. Of course that's really a good thing.

I pretty much sucked it up on the frisbee golf course this afternoon, one of my poorest performances in quite a while. I've noticed that when I get up earlier than usual like I did today, I feel great a couple hours afterwards but fall apart later in the day.

At night all the Crewhaters played online tournaments at Wolf and Pickett's house, with fairly weak all-around results. I gave a pretty crappy performance in the tourneys as well as a brief one-table cash game sitting, though I did not play as badly as the Colorado Buffaloes basketball team, soundly beaten at home by a sloppy Christian Moody led Kansas squad.

___

Today: -1160

Year to date: +12623

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home