Sunday, March 26, 2006

Futures Bets Update

On February 6th I wrote

"This year features the most putrid, untalented, pathetic collection of college basketball teams to ever compete for a title. Everyone sucks...

"I believe this repugnance is going to lead to a wild NCAA tournament. 10 seeds are going to be closer to 2 seeds in talent than ever before. 3 seeds will be so weak that 14 seeds will give them games. There will be little difference between 5 seeds and 12 seeds. The winners of the 8/9 games will have a legitimate shot at beating the 1 seed in their next game. Double-digit seeds could make the Final Four. It's going to be a crapshoot, and the teams that go far are going to be the teams that get hot at the right time.

"With this hypothesis in mind, I made sixteen long-odds futures bets on teams to win the NCAA championship. I wouldn't call these teams "dangerous" or "underrated"; rather, they are the few teams out there I believe are not overrated."

Including:

UCLA 40-1

LSU 50-1

Florida 18-1

I might hedge it now with a bet on George Mason. Show me the money.

I can confidently say this is the weakest Final Four of my lifetime, and probably the worst college basketball season as well.

___

For whatever reason, I woke up this morning feeling relaxed, healthy, and confident. I haven't felt this way in a while. The main event is tomorrow. I won't guarantee anything but I'd be shocked if I didn't make a deep run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home