Tuesday, March 21, 2006

A Moment in the Sun

It's been a while since I've had a deep run in a tournament. Memories of final tables keep me playing them, despite their weak EV (especially one-tabling or playing a low buy-in live tournament). The excitement of making a final table in a major tournament cannot be matched in cash game play, no matter what the stakes. The drama is just so much higher when your "life" is on the line.

Recently I've had a frustrating run in tournaments. The critical pots have gone the other way at the wrong times. It's been especially frustrating because I'm typically going broke fairly deep into the event, but before the money. I'd rather just bust in level one.

One tournament can erase all memories of this mediocrity, and that's why I keep playing. I'll take 2-4 more shots this week, and then the 5k WPT event on Monday.

___

Super Monday: -162
WSOP Sats (Mon & Tues): -430
$3o0 limit (Tues): -330
Super Tuesday: -162

Year to date: 48,002

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home