Saturday, April 29, 2006

The Jew Makes a Run


PiMaster, gamblegambel, and I all never got much going in the 1.5k NL today. Dan the Jew however, playing in his first major tournament, rode a short stack to the final table which convenes tomorrow at 4. His toughest competitor tomorrow will be Adam "The Crier" Friedman, who took a lot of crap but played a lot of strong poker on his way to the chip lead today.

At night we went to Louisville and bowled. PiMaster and I had Gambler and Dan on the ropes but couldn't finish them off in a key double or nothing game worth two meals late in the battle. In the end we split for the five game session.

I've been playing some pretty damn weak poker lately in tournaments, and I'm frustrated with my results. I've actually never made a final table in an event with a buyin of over $1000, and I've played about 30 of them. Pretty pathetic, as the Smoking Popes would say.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

oh man that references warms my heart. we probably ought to chat soon if i'm still picking you up at the airport tomorrow.

6:56 PM  
Blogger BBK said...

Hey Tom, how'd you like Louisville? Did you catch any of the Derby Fest action? I think you were about a week late for their ridiculously, outrageously huge fireworks show. I used to live in New Albany, which you probably went through to get to Caesar's. I even ate a lunch at Caesar's once with my grandparents. I think they liked when the boat came so they didn't have go all the way to Vegas anymore.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home