Wednesday, May 03, 2006

PiMaster Gets Third

Chris "PiMaster" Viox got third place yesterday in the Midwest Regional Poker Championship $5k Main Event for $45k. Adam "The Crier" Friedman won it, his second straight win. Of course I had my usual 5%. I've now had four friends make scores of 28k or more in the last month and a half, and I've had decent pieces of three of them. Despite the staking factor it's been very frustrating for me. I don't like standing on the rail making prop bets with Adam Friedman's parents or clapping for Rondy Roy or having some greaser tell me he thinks Erica Schoenberg has a great body. And I especially don't like watching video interviews of Alex "YAHTZEM" Jacob on cardplayer.com.

I want to be at the final table myself. I've now missed the money 13 straight times in live NLHE tourneys, and I've never made a really deep run in a tournament with a buyin of 1k or more. It's clear I've played pretty weakly in the past but I do feel I'm starting to get it together. In this event I was starting to play really well, and thought I was ready to make a run if not for the bad beat.

Oh well.

Mandalay Bay in June is the next possible stop on the circuit for me. After that there is the WSOP where there will be about 18 life-changing opportunities.

___

Thursday Tournament: -1060
Thursday Afternoon Online: +3279
Friday Tournament: -1560
Sunday Tournament: -5100

Year to Date: 70,187

1 Comments:

Blogger Lazypoo87 said...

You will get your chance.. Hey if you're making 70k in the first what... 4 months of the year... you can enter as many tournies as you want. Of course I hope you remember the game of poker involves luck so, you may have a big advantage on most of the fishies out there in those tournies but as you can see someone like Moneymaker can win the wsop. Hang in there. I just hope you remember us little guys when you win a wsop. ;)

5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home