Thursday, May 11, 2006

Return to Canterbury

I hadn't planned on playing any live poker here in Minnesota, but on Saturday an old friend told me he was going to Canterbury Park the next day for a $440 NLHE tourney. I mulled it over, figuring I would not be up by 10:00 AM Sunday, which was when he was leaving for Canterbury. But at 9:20 on Sunday I woke up thinking about poker and what I was going to need to do to win my first tournament.

I bluffed and bulldozed my way to 8700 chips from our starting stack of 4000 without a single premium starting hand. I even got pocket queens and ace-king suited to fold to me when I had pocket tens. I played exactly the kind of game I've been trying to develop the last couple months, strong, aggressive, loose, powerful, and controlling. Unfortunately I got KK against AA and that was all she wrote.

I've been having a great time here in Minnesota. I feel refreshed and ready for a big online push before the WSOP, which is now just 45 days away.

___

Sunday (Canterbury) : -440
Monday Afternoon: +3849
Tuesday Afternoon: +1924
Tuesday Night: -4230

Year to Date: 76,517

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home