Wednesday, October 18, 2006

[sound of crowd booing]


I had a couple hand-under-hand situations the first two levels today, TT against a short stack's AA (both late position) and then 9d8d vs Jh9h on a board of AdJ7dJd9 where I got min raised on the river and paid it off. That put me down to 46k. Not too much later I had the dream situation of raising to 3k in early position with my first pocket aces of the tournament and watching the fairly nutty chip leader Brandi Hawbaker immediately make it 20k directly behind me. A few seconds later all the money was in the pot; she had jacks and the big blind announced he had folded a jack. J66 was the flop and I staggered out of there.

It was a real stomach punch as I felt I played my best throughout the tournament and only got all my chips into the pot once. It just wasn't meant to be this time.

___

I go to Indiana early Thursday morning. I have set some very aggressive goals for the trip and expect to dominate the field like I did Canterbury a year ago.
___

Tuesday Oct 10 (25-50): 1 hr, +4345
Wednesday Oct 11 (airport coco with Kwickfish 10-20 shorthanded): .75 hrs, +2294/2 = +1147
Festa al Lago Supersatellite: -1080
Bellagio 1k nightly Friday: -1080
Ultimate Poker Challenge Binion's Saturday: -340
Bellagio 1k nightly Saturday: +18,135
Festa al Lago WPT: -10,300

Year to date: 201,174

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home