Wednesday, October 04, 2006

My First Day Three - lol

For the first time, I have reached the third day of a poker tournament. I haven't been above the 20k starting chips since level two on day one. I spent the last three and a half hours of the day in a horrifyingly awful spot, with the worst seat at the worst table I have ever played at in a tournament. I picked up a couple hands and people folded to my reraise all-in. Unbelievably I got reraised two of the three times I tried to open a pot even though "it seemed like you had aces every time you put chips into a pot" as Alex put it. I finished the day with 15,700, a fresh table draw, and a pulse.

I have to say I enjoyed the day thoroughly. I got to play with a lot of tough players, got to see some pretty intense head-butting between Brandon Adams and Thomas Wahlroos, and got to see some spectacular bluffing. Even if this trip ends in a pre-cash bustout tomorrow afternoon, I won't consider it a complete waste. I've learned a few things about what I need to do to compete in major poker tournaments, in terms of both strategy and mental preparation. I'm excited about playing tomorrow, which is something I couldn't have said two days ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home