Wednesday, October 04, 2006

A Pathetic Effort at the USPC

Today was the worst I have ever played in a championship event. I played a style where I was not tight enough to warrant folds to my continuation bets, but didn't play wildly enough to inspire any fear or get paid off with big hands. I did not play with confidence, probably gave off numerous tells, played big hands predictably and made the minimum when I had them, and failed to follow my insticts and ended up calling off a lot of chips when I knew I was beat. It was hopeless, uninspired poker that left me questioning my confidence, ability, and desire.

But I couldn't find a way to screw up J9 vs A9 on a 875T6 board late in the day, and consequently I will be returning for 150-300 blinds tomorrow at 1PM with 11.6k. If I don't come up with a better effort tomorrow I may abandon trips to Bellagio and Niagara falls later in the month. The player I was today does not belong in major events.

The Fish has 33k.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home