Friday, March 09, 2007

Rams

With 27 players left in the Wynn Classic I have a Rhode Island-sized stack of 27,300. The second hand of the day I shoved in with TT after a couple limps and one of them decided to make a brave call with 66 and I doubled up. I then got a bit fancy with QQ and paid the price. A guy who was raising a ton of hands made his usual 2500 raise and I just called with the queens on the button with 25k behind. Weikai Chang, a superb young player, called from the small blind after thinking about a reraise. The flop came KT8 two spades and everyone checked quickly. On the offsuit 7 turn Weikai fired 7k and we both folded after long thinks. I got aces not too long after that and raised. Lance Allred called in the big blind and check-folded on the 873 flop. After that I really didn't have a decision or a hand the rest of the day. I shoved with 33 once on the button after a Sam Grizzle cutoff raise, and then shoved dark three times when it was folded to me - luckily I never ran into a hand.


The Rhode Island Rams didn't do anything notable during the regular season, but after a big upset of Xavier today they find themselves one win away from the Promised Land of the NCAA Tournament. In college basketball and poker, the next day is always more important than the last, and you're not eliminated as long as you still have a game to play. Tomorrow we play down to the final nine.

1 Comments:

Blogger . said...

if you are still looking for classical music for beginers, try classic FM under classical in iTunes radio, it's goooooood

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home