Monday, February 26, 2007

Thud

Add set under set to a growing list of spectacular exits from big tournaments.

The hand before I went out, JC Tran raised a tight guy's blind to 6500 at the 1200-2400-400 level and I decided to make it 20k right behind him with 85 offsuit. It was a psychological play involving who was in the blinds, my image, my stack, and the fact that I had reraised the previous hand. I thought JC would give up most hands here but he called, then moved me in on the AdTd6d flop.

The next hand, with my stack at 52k, I raised to 7k with 55 in middle position. The big blind David "The Gunslinger" Bach called after asking for a chip count. I thought he could be trapping with a huge hand. The flop came Qc5c2h. He checked and I shuffled some chips, feigned a bet, and then checked. The turn was the 7h and he checked, I bet 10k, and he made it 20k. I thought about the hands he could have here - not that I considered folding - and what I should do. It was really hard putting him on a hand and eventually I moved in for another 25k. He called with 77 and that was the end of the tournament for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home