Saturday, May 12, 2007

Rumbling Thunder

The World Series of Poker approaches.

The last two years I was at the WSOP for its duration. This year I don't want to play much, don't have time to play much, and can't afford to play much. I won't be playing a lot of events, I don't think, but I'll be out there for a few. I was sorta thinking of using my 2007 profits as entry fees so either I'll make a score or not have to pay any taxes this year. Right now I'm at +$8k for the year. We'll see; I may decide to dip into the red in order to fund a few events. I don't want any of it to be staked.

Preliminary plans are to make two trips to Vegas with a bunch of peak climbing in the San Juans in between:

For the first leg I'll arrive sometime between June 13th and 17th and play the NLHEs including the 2.5k shorthanded on June 18. After that I'll go climb mountains for roughly a week before coming back to play some more NLHEs including the 5k shorthanded on June 28th. I'll probably hang around Vegas for that next week before the main event, which starts July 6th.

Poker seems pretty boring to me right now, but the four magical words "World Series of Poker" have not lost their lustre.

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris Viox said...

Why are the shorthanded events so high on your list? PL Holdem seems to me your best game. Have you been playing alot of SH? I look forward to seeing you again. I need someone to swap with that guarantees me a big finish.

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will you be playing the main event?

8:43 AM  
Blogger GnightMoon said...

I'll be in the main event this year and, hopefully, every year the rest of my life.

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

moon i knwo this is a personal question but how are you making money right now with no poker? Hope to see you back at the tables

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gary Heartland event

11:46 PM  
Blogger MandyMandie said...

Yeah, you have to play in the WSOP. And bring Joel with you, too.

P.S. It's been a month. Where's my link?

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home