Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Bizarro WSOP

Generally I tend to get in with the best hand. If they hold up, I do well. Today I played four large pots. Twice I was a major underdog and won. Once I was a huge favorite and lost. Once, on what was likely my final hand of live poker for several months, I was a slight favorite and lost.

Just a wacky wacky tournament - probably the strangest I've ever played. I went ten hours without a pair bigger than eights or an ace-king. A truly mindboggling shitstorm of cards. And yet, because of the two big suckouts, I was poised to make a serious charge before the tides of fortune turned and my own big hands were run down by lesser ones.

The whole WSOP main event is playing out like a $50 tourney on Pokerstars, not a $10,000 championship. I can't believe what I saw today.

I know this is a long tournament with a good structure. The bad players will eventually be filtered into the garbage can, I think. Right now though, the world's best can't get anything going and the fools are running amok.

It will be a fascinating tournament to follow. I think that final table will be composed of excellent, if unknown players. Right now though, the fish are feasting.

6 Comments:

Blogger Bag said...

Specific hands?

2:13 AM  
Blogger Jaheed said...

moon you're still my hero

2:17 AM  
Blogger GnightMoon said...

Anthology of hands coming.

3:27 AM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

Sorry to hear your WSOP season has come to a close. Time to buy that Lolla ticket.

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Random Final Table picks from the Tavern Uptown in Denver, CO:
(a great bar on 17th n' Pearl)

Kirk Morrison
Stephen Jacobs
Kenny Tran
Amanda Baker
JC Tran
Daniel Alaei

(4 other people we've never heard of)

6:15 PM  
Blogger MandyMandie said...

How did I make that list?

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home