Sunday, July 15, 2007

Tournament Poker, July 15 2007


I took 4th place in the Bodog $100k Guaranteed this evening for $6500. I've made that much in cash game sessions many times, but it's so much more exciting to do it in a tournament. I love making final tables in poker tournaments. It's the most fun you can have playing poker, I think. There was some pretty laughable play at times during that tournament and the structure was extremely fast, but it was a lot of fun.

In bigger news, my friend Shane Schleger got 4th place in a little higher profile tournament: the Bellagio Cup III WPT for $232k. This is a big deal for Shane, a great dude, a better poker player, and an even better writer. It's also a big deal for me, most likely, for reasons that will soon be revealed.

In biggest news, they're just about down to the final table of the WSOP as I write this. I get chills reading the updates and thinking back to how exciting it was last year, and know/expect that someday I will be sitting there as we play down the last few tables of the World Championship.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats dude!

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have fun trying to withdraw your money from BoDog... took me over a month to get my check from them

12:53 PM  
Blogger Chris Viox said...

better than not having any money to withdraw!

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home