Saturday, August 04, 2007

A Good Day

I woke up a little after ten, late enough to feel completely refreshed, but still within the zone where I don't feel like a degenerate. I fired up my computer, checked my e-mail and a couple blogs, as I usually do at the start of every day. PiMaster called me to talk about his comment on my last blog, which served as an inspiration/preview for the rest of the day.

I posted on the Beer Blog and finished off a mix I had been working on for the Bag. I ate strawberry yogurt with strawberries for breakfast and watched a little bit of The Sand Pebbles, a movie I'm chopping away at On Demand.

I played a one-hour session of online poker and it went extremely well, jolting me out of a recent funk. I avoided marginal situations and made some big hands.

I bottled beer with Natalie in the afternoon, an orange IPA we're entering in a contest at the Southern Sun.

I drove down Bear Mountain Drive to my parents' house through a sunshower. When I got there, we stared at a vibrant rainbow for a while. I helped prepare a wonderful meal - grilled beef and vegetables, along with corn-on-the-cob, pasta salad, iced tea, rhubarb pie, and ice cream cake. The older I get, the more excited I get about making and eating food.

It was my sister's birthday (yesterday technically). She's developed into a respectable person, she really has.

I get along with my parents. For a while our relationship was functional only. Now it's quite pleasant.

My sister, and me getting along with my parents, makes me think, things can change. People and relationships change. There's always hope for us all.

I went to Harpo's and met Jacob and Anne for a couple beers. They didn't have Maharajah on tap like they did two months ago, but they still had some good stuff. We watched Barry Bonds ground out to first.

During the drive, KCUV played both "Let the Day Begin" by The Call and "Save it For Later" by The English Beat.

I went up to North Boulder and played a drinking game of UNO with a bunch of friends. I won once.

I didn't really do anything today, but I did enough to at least fool myself into thinking I was productive.

Today was a good day.

4 Comments:

Blogger TheGraveWolf said...

Productivity is overrated. Your day sounds almost perfect... why are we worried about being productive anyway? Sounds like you "produced" a lot of fun and enjoyment for yourself and others.

Whimsical Wolf says: He who produces nothing, pollutes nothing. (Can't think of anything better - it's 8:15am just took a brutal 4th in a tourney that started 5 hours ago.)

8:16 AM  
Blogger Jaheed said...

How did you like Ultimatum?

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you made a little money, spent time with friends and family, appreciated nature and listened to good music, you were extremely productive. You produced happiness and made a little of the green stuff for tomorrow.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Jaheed said...

also keep in mind how may countries around the world look down upon Americans for their workaholic culture which doesn't reserve time for self, friends, family, nature, etc

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home