Monday, November 05, 2007

The Pursuit of Perfection

The next live tournament I will play will likely be the Five Diamond $15,000 main event at Bellagio on December 12. This will be the beginning of a tradition of playing specific, high-stakes, coveted events. I did not play passionately enough in Indiana and I'm not surprised I didn't cash there. I need to feel desire and desperation in order to play my best poker. The $15k price tag alone should be enough to get the blood flowing.

I looked back at my hands from the Indiana main event like a football team looks back at film after each week's game. I played well but made several smallish mistakes. There may have been as many as ten hands I felt I could have played more efficiently.

I want to play a mistake-free tournament. I've never come close to playing perfectly in a major, so it's a bold goal to try to before the end of the year. I'll have the FTOPS VI to fine-tune things.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have tremendous respect for your game and enjoy all the hand history and commentary you provide in your blog.
I was just shocked by the irony of you posting about your desire to play the perfect tournament and then later that night busting out of the FTP 1K on the first hand with A8 vs AK. Was there some mitigating circumstance?

7:46 AM  
Blogger GnightMoon said...

Um. Oops. Still 36 days to get it right.

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home