Monday, October 22, 2007

Underrated

October is one of my favorite months - perhaps even my favorite. I have a special connection with October because of some of the things that have happened to me during the month. During college it was generally my best month of the year. It's arguably the top sports month in America. The weather, especially in Minnesota and Colorado where I've been living, is better than people give October credit for.

In honor of abysmal February I listed my "Lame Hall of Fame" and will do so again in four months. In honor of underrated October, here are a few things I think are rather underrated:

Ted Lawson
Danny Wong
Austria
Rosamund Pike
Travis
Green Day's Imsomniac
Red hair
The Lookout
Airplane food

10 Comments:

Blogger PunkyPickett said...

I can't believe you think airplane food is underrated. It doesn't even exist anymore, how can it even BE rated?

11:46 AM  
Blogger Bag said...

Gonna have to go ahead and agree with Pickett on this one. You obviously need to stop traveling and be home a little more, because that is a scary opinion.

3:12 PM  
Blogger TheGraveWolf said...

Seems more like an OVER rated list to me.

1. Stop Giggling
2. Turn off PokerTracker
3. Finish off the Gambler
4. Get out of bed
5. Tell Pi to turn off the camera
6. Better Posts

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i won't beat the dead horse too much but airplane food is worse than dorm food and dorm food is worse than prison food.

Other suggestions for things that are underrated:

strawberry shortcake (ice cream pops)
KQ
Carl Hiaasen
taking a bath
Michael Madsen

2:37 AM  
Blogger whatyouknow45 said...

Oh God, did you say Michael Madsen?

3:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well he can't be overrated, he gets no love as is.

3:45 AM  
Blogger TheGraveWolf said...

Truman contributes to the overrated list.

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Tom on this one, airline food isn't actually that bad! Is it just my brother and I that used to ask for seconds and thirds whenever we flew Qantas? Maybe the airline food down here in Australia is better America? Thinking about it now, I remember thinking the food on AA and United was a bit average when I was over...

6:37 PM  
Blogger GnightMoon said...

Okay airplane food haters - most of my recent experience has been on international flights, particularly Qantas and British Airways, and it has been excellent and well-rounded. Truman good call on those except for taking a bath - that's pretty overrated actually except maybe with bubbles and a lover.

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course Bath includes bubbles and lover. Otherwise it's just me and a tub. Yahoo.

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home