Friday, December 14, 2007

Carrying the Torch

Almost all my good friends got knocked out yesterday or today (day 1b). It has been ugly for my group of friends.

I thought about the hands I played yesterday. The three big ones were the KQ where I could have bluffed, the KJ where I did bluff, and the KJ where I could have called on the end. The KQ is the one I really regret. I should have made that move. The KJ where I bluffed I maybe should have bet more, and maybe shouldn't have done it at all. The KJ where I folded I just felt he had it. I don't regret that hand though I know I was "supposed" to call.

I could have played better, but I didn't play badly. I'm hoping I can get away with one mediocre day of play in this tournament. I feel strongly that I am still in this competition, and strangely confident. Maybe because I am so accustomed to playing weak-tight until I short-stack myself, and then I generally play my best.

I had hoped to play a mistake-free tournament here. That did not happen, so I will not be too disappointed if I am knocked out tomorrow. I know tomorrow I will need to be lucky early, and then I will probably need to play my best ever after that. I do believe I can pull it off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home