Sunday, April 06, 2008

Half Empty

For my friend Alia’s birthday, a bunch of us went up to her parents’ awesome house in Loveland. At the end of the night we hit the hot tub (and an adjacent frigid lake). Alia’s sister didn’t want to get in the hot tub. Apparently she was concerned about her body. At that time, it wasn’t up to her standards.

Eventually, the Bag coerced her to put on a bikini and join us. She looked great. I was befuddled as to why she ever hesitated.

The problem was, she was seeing her body through her eyes. If she had seen herself through my eyes, she would have felt completely different.

I can’t ever seem to see my life through someone else’s eyes. If I could, I think I would feel a lot better. Sometimes I think about all the things I have and all the talents I have which I know others covet. Honestly I think I am a talented young man with the resources to do whatever I want the rest of my life. Unfortunately, I spend a lot more time thinking about the things I don’t have.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not necessarily here, but maybe it's time to get very specific about what you'd like to change. F**k empty or full, how can you make it better?

10:07 AM  
Blogger TheGraveWolf said...

I would not recommend Truman's solution of fucking empty OR fucking full. Doing either of which could result in disastrous consequences for you, the fucker. In cases like these I prefer the baby bear approach (not to be confused with the shakey bear approach).

3:59 PM  
Blogger Kwicky said...

Great post Tom - I was wondering where you were going with it at first, but I enjoyed it

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, of course she looked good through your eyes, ya horney twit! You want to give up poker for pu$$y, dumb ass! Poker will get u more pu$$y!

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom puts the $$ in pu$$y

j

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home