Saturday, May 31, 2008

Buzzkill

The 10k Pot Limit Hold Em kickoff to the WSOP did not go well for me. I was happy with the starting table but wasn't able to get much going. Cory Carroll and Shannon Shorr both busted pretty early on, and I failed to adjust and take control of the table like I could have. I had it in my head to play tight in this tournament as it was pot limit (no antes) and a brutally tough field. The situation came up where the table was ripe to be run over and I had a tight image, but I just kept folding instead of shifting to fourth gear where I should have been. A world-class player would have made this adjustment seamlessly but I failed to do so. Hopefully the rust will shake off soon and I'll find my A-game. I should be in action every day the next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home