Monday, June 02, 2008

Revving Up the Engines

I made it to day two of the $1500 NLHE event with a slightly below average stack. It was my best Phil Hellmuth impersonation. He destroys these small buy-in WSOP donkaments harder than I used to think was possible. I've studied his game very closely trying to see how he does it. Of any player, his game is the one I most try to emulate. People don't seem to think you can bet 300 into a 2000 pot and be a good player, but you can, and he does, and I do, and it has the desired effects.

I was extremely happy with my gear-shifting today. It happened totally naturally and seamlessly; I found myself folding ace-ten suited one hand and then just a couple minutes later raised three consecutive hands with crap. I'm excited about finding ways to maximize equity in these donkaments the next month and excited to get back to playing my best poker.

2 Comments:

Blogger Spencetron said...

Maximize your equity all the way to the bank.

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tom,
i have absolutely no understanding of poker or its vernacular, but i still love reading your blog. rock on man.

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home