Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Bay 101 Day One

It was a near-perfect day.

I got quality food and exercise before the event. The sky was bright and clear, the air crisp. Jim Wasicka was observing and talking with me all day, which was wonderful.

I doubled up early in the day with 44 against AcKc on As7c4c.

Scotty Nguyen was the bounty. I played almost no hands against him.

Faraz Jaka, one of the most feared and aggressive players on the circuit, also doubled up early and went to work pounding the table. It's hard to say Scotty isn't the best player at the table considering his resume, but it's hard to say Jaka isn't either. Regardless, I was able to take a lot of chips from him. There was a maniac to his left, an older fellow I pegged as a local businessman, who raised almost every time Jaka folded. I took plenty of chips off him as well.

With 45 minutes left in the night I had one of the biggest stacks in the room. Shooting Stars offers a $10k prize to the player who ends the night with the biggest stack, and I had my eyes on the prize.

Then I took a beat against the maniac I had been trapping all day, then lost several more pots (mostly to the maniac) the last level and finished the day with an average stack.

After that I got involved in some amusing shenanigans and blew off all the steam I had worked up the last hour. I am again ready to play.

My day two draw appears favorable, though I've certainly thought that before and quickly felt differently.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome Tom, GL today.

1:12 PM  
Anonymous SamENole said...

Take it down! Good Luck today.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Sounds like another good beginning Tom, keep it going.

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home