Friday, June 18, 2010

Event #32 5k NL 6-handed

Coming into this tournament I was dealing with confidence issues regarding my game. The two previous six-handed tournaments here at the WSOP were hard on my ego. The $1500 was embarrassing as I found no ways to win pots other than shoving in my stack before the flop. I felt I made mistakes in the $2500 and played poorly after changing tables. I was somewhat scared to enter the $5000 six-max, knowing another weak performance would sideline me from the big buy-ins indefinitely.

But I played wonderfully. I was as focused and powerful as I have ever been playing live poker. I seized control of the table and dominated play all day long. I built a stack utilizing all of the moves (and plenty of luck, of course) I have seen better players use throughout the year. I threw in some originals of my own. I felt really, really good about where this one was going.

And then I got really unlucky, and then got unlucky again, and then got unlucky once again and couldn't quite get away from a hand my gut told me to, and it was all over. I am deeply disappointed, yet I feel much better about poker than I did 24 hours ago.

2 Comments:

Blogger 81Trucolors said...

Tough break, moon. Keep clawing!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

I hear that. Sometimes even with a loss you can regain some confidence if you play it well and haven't been doing so up to that point. Sorry no cashish but keep at it and we will keep following along.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home