Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Last Week


On Wednesday I went backpacking with an ex-girlfriend above her hometown of Ouray, Colorado. It was a magnificent three days. I felt like God gave me a glimpse of the life that was possible if I tried a little harder.


On Sunday I ran a half-marathon on trails above Steamboat Springs, Colorado. The course began with a quad-busting 1600-foot climb. Finishing was as miserably difficult and gloriously rewarding as I had feared and envisioned.

Today I got a job as an after-school teacher at the elementary school I attended in Boulder, Colorado. I am starting to feel like a functional member of society.

8 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Congrats on the job! Will you be teaching a specific subject?

7:28 PM  
Blogger Bag said...

Nice man!!! Congrats!

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes

11:19 PM  
Blogger Michal Greenberg said...

Awesome! Congratulations - be sure to teach them a little Amharic!!

12:33 PM  
Blogger Spencetron said...

Glad you're feeling good and congrats on the job!

2:12 PM  
Blogger Nappy said...

congrats, moon.

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this the end of Tuesday night V-ball?
L

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tom,

This is Paul Peters from your days at bixby. Send me an email at peters.paul at gmail.com, as it would be nice to get in touch.

Cheers
Paul

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home