Monday, March 27, 2006

The Dumbest Mistake of My Career

I had no hands today at all. When I called a raise with a small pair or suited connector, I never even flopped a draw. I won three pots - two on bluffs, and one on a brave calldown with middle pair. I had about 8500 when the following hand came up:

With blinds at 100-200 wiith a 25 ante Pat Poels limped in early position. I called with KsJd in the cutoff, the button called, and the big blind checked. The flop came Kd6s5s and it was checked to me. I checked so the super aggressive button would take a stab at it. He didn't disappoint and bet 600. It was quickly folded to me and I decided to raise. I thought about the calldown feigning a hand like 77 or 67 but ultimately decided to raise to find out where I stood and to price out draws. I decided to make it 2000 to go and flung in two chips. I accidentally tossed in an orange (5000) and yellow (1000) chip instead of two yellow chips. Everyone at the table was a little shocked and I knew I had just put my head on the chopping block. Chances are he would fold almost any hand to that, but of course he had a set of fives and put me in for my last 2000. I was fairly sure he had a set but called (65 or a openended straight flush draw are possible here). I didn't get my spade redraw on the turn and was sent home in pathetic fashion.

There's a chance I would not have folded had he come back over the top (he was very aggressive and psychological, and I thought he'd put me on a move with that checkraise after everyone folded to me). So it's possible we'd be talking about a bad decision right now instead of a truly embarrassing fiasco.

The Fish had 17k when I left and the Gambler had around 10k. I go home on Wednesday.

___

750k Guaranteed: -378
Today: -5100

Year to date: 43,013

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home