Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Smell the Roses



Two days ago I was strolling along the Continental Divide at 13,000 feet under the midday sun (eat your heart out, Wolf) when it occurred to me

Why would I want to play all that much poker?

I like poker a lot. It might even be my favorite thing to do. But there are a ton of other things I like to do too, and now happens to be a time when many of those things are available and at their best. Right now playing frisbee golf, climbing mountains, going to the Southern Sun, watching the NBA playoffs, and a dozen other things all seem like more fun than PartyPoker. So I'm just not going to be playing much.

A good reason to play is to make money. I know a lot of guys who are looking to put away a million dollars in the next few years. The boom may dry up, and it might be difficult to make easy money playing poker in the future. That's a chance I'm going to take. I've made a lot of money already, and don't think I'm going to want or need all that much later in my life.

I haven't played in eight days. I might feel like playing tonight, and put in a session, or I might not play until Mandalay Bay. I'm only going to play if I really want to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home