Thursday, July 20, 2006

Another Chance

I'm deep again in a WSOP event. With 40 players left in the $2,500 PLHE I have a slightly below average stack. My friend Alex Jacob is the chip leader. Thursday at 3 PM we resume and play down to the final table (ESPN!) of nine.

I picked up a lot of huge hands. KK vs QQ, QQ beating AKs, QQ doubling through an overaggressive blind defender, QQ doubling through 99 on a Qxx flop, and a few others. I was also very lucky to beat AQ with KJ and QQ with 55 on a 643 flop, both for key pots.

I played with a diverse collection of likable personalities, including

Juha Helppi and Surinder Sunar (both out very early)
Bracelet winner of the 2k NLHE earlier this year, Mark Vos (who seemed very talented)
FinalTheory (sent home with AA by Alex's 75 on a 77x flop)
Tony Hachem (Joe's brother and a nice guy)
Evelyn Ng (busted by the Moon)
Paul Wolfe (still cracking jokes despite eons on the tournament trail without a major breakthrough)
Danny Fuhs (always a major factor at the table and one of the best non-famous players)
House of Pain favorite Jason Sagle aka "GQ"
Kyle Wilson (the man, the myth, the legend, the woman, the 23-year old kid "queenkris" aka "kristelita" aka "AliKings"). I've probably played more hands of poker against this guy than anyone else except hotmark, and today was the first time I found out who he was. Seemed like a nice guy.
Vanessa Rousso (no comment)
Toph (who may actually be leading the house in profits due to online play despite not yet cashing at the WSOP)
Kent Washington (always fun to have at the table, and always fiending to play hands weirdly)
Matt Matros (a very solid player, a nice guy, and a certified "do not bluff")
Canterbury nemesis Joshua Turner (crippled right before the money in a monster pot with 42 of spades against AK)

It just seems like during the WSOP I pick up QQ and KK whenever I need them, and they usually hold up. I don't think I'm doing anything special at all.

The blinds go wild right at the beginning and it figures to be a pretty big crapshoot. I can't wait.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

This is exciting. You seem to be going deep every other tournament. What a stud.

7:08 AM  
Blogger TheGraveWolf said...

HA! I frickin' told you Alikings was not a chick!! "no no wolf they are sisters, blah blah blah"

VICTORYYYYYYYY!!!!

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home