Friday, July 07, 2006

The Day After

Today I played in the 1.5k limit hold em. It may have been the softest field in WSOP history as all the good pros were in the 5k Omaha Hi/Lo or taking the day off. I was worried it would be hard to play well making 25 and 50 bets the day after making bets for 60k but I found plenty of hands early to get me going. Frank Kassela was on a chip-dumping quest - literally - and I was his main beneficiary. He wanted to play in the Omaha and had a friend who wagered him $750 he couldn't bust out from the limit tournament in 2 hours. Mission accomplished, Frank, and I was over 4k when they broke the table. I played a few hands with Jan Sjavik who was clearly on a mission to win the tournament, making the rest of us look like children. Sjavik made the right decisions against me but I was able to continue to build with plenty of good hands. I got moved again and then finally ran out of gas after losing two large pots with AKs and busted with 90 left paying 73.

Tomorrow is the 2.5k NLHE and I think I might have another deep run in me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home