Wednesday, July 05, 2006

My First WSOP Cash

The Monkey is finally off my back.

After 17 consecutive finishes out of the money at the WSOP, I finally cashed today in the 5k NLHE. I had plenty of hands (although I did not see aces the entire day), particularly when I got shortstacked and my blind got raised. I actually had something like 35k during level five after winning a couple gargantuan pots, one with a set against Tex Barch's flush draw, and one with KK against QQ and a short stack's AA. Shortly after that I lost a 20k coinflip with JJ against AQ and spent the rest of the day between 12k and 37k. I finished the day with 25,200 with the blinds at a ludicrous 1200-2400 and 300 ante.

The Fish also made his first WSOP cash and his stack is very similar to mine. Tomorrow we will be at the same table to start with both of us in push mode. Although we are short stacked, one double up will put us at the average of just 20x BB. This has to be the worst structured 5k event in poker history. I've played $30 tournaments on Party Poker with better structures.

Somewhere in there I called 6k on the river with KQo on a board of 76473 with three spades - and it was good - but that story will have to wait till after the tournament.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bag said...

Congrats man!

10:09 AM  
Blogger TheGraveWolf said...

congrats you little hobag

10:33 AM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

Congratulations Mr. Fuller.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Wayner said...

And I can say that I knew you before you became somebody. Hopefully you will still be talking to the little people when you return to earth.

Way to go, Moon.

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home