Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The 1.5k NL

I didn't get in until halfway through the second level. I was gone before the end of the third. I was never above the 1500 starting stack. The only hands I saw were QQ (split with another QQ) and AQ and 88 both under the gun, both folded due to inconvenient blind:stack ratios. I should ask better tournament players what to do with these hands in these positions with 10-15x BBs and a normal table. The Fish had a similar result although his involved bluffing Chris Ferguson while drawing dead.

The internet is still extremely shaky. Toph, Paul, and I all play in the $1500 PLHE (or, as I like to call it, the $1365 + $135 PLHE) tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger TheGraveWolf said...

sorry to hear about the poor results but keep the updates coming....maybe you should get a video blog deal like negreanu. As long as you're updating nightly I'm happy.

2:39 AM  
Blogger Bag said...

Unfortunate, but still plenty of events to go. I am not exactly a tournament expert either (and am surprised that El Lobo didn't answer your question since he is the master of the 10-15xBB NLHE tournament) but AQ and 88 are the borderline I think. I fold AJ and 77 or worse UTG. 88 depends on the table aggresiveness in my opinion. I think I would limp reraise allin with AQ and 99 or better. Limping UTG can look like a powerful hand and you could maybe get what would be a 50/50 to go away - and could pick up much needed chips in the process. Raising either of these hands UTG means that you most certainly are behind or 50/50 if you get reraised so that puts you in a poor spot with so few BB (raising I imagine was the last choice for you). I just think these hands are too good to be folded with so few BB, especially if you have been playing tight.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Bag said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home